Retina RN- Travel (Full-Time)
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Staff Nurse for the Retina department is part of the Retina Travel Team. The RN will travel with the Physicians and Technicians to all local and outlying clinics statewide. The RN is responsible for providing a safe and efficient environment for the patient in the clinic. The Staff Nurse is also responsible for communicating with Physicians, Technicians, Nursing Assistants, Ophthalmic Assistants and outside labs.
Minimum of 2 years nursing experience
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Technical Skills: provide professional assistance to surgeon and anesthesia provider, and work with specialized instrumentation and equipment. Requires excellent IV skills.
- Communication Skills: interact positively with physicians; communicate on a level to ensure satisfactory performance of work activities.
- Decision Making Skills: make decisions based on alternate established methods, policies or procedures.
- Diplomacy Skills: remain diplomatic and effective when working with physicians and other staff members.
Must be able to stand for long periods. Work activity also requires walking, bending, reaching and lifting equipment and patients.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and privacy in all work related situations.
- Function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently as needed, and also function as an integral member of the operation room staff.
- Tolerate exposure to patients with infectious and communicable diseases.
CLINIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the Angiography room for the day with supplies and equipment needed for the specific doctor.
- Interact with all patients using a level of respect and professionalism required by the practice.
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients to the physician, altering the testing sequence as required.
- Obtain patient history to include the chief complaint, history of present illness, and specific symptoms related to current event. Also obtain past history, family history, and history of allergies and medications if not already present in the medical record.
- Perform accurate and consistent measurements and documentation.
- Perform the work up duties as required for the retina patient, including: Visual assessment, pupillary function test, Applanation Tonometry. Confrontation fields, and administer eye drops
- Excellent IV skills with Intracaths and Butterfly(s)
- Assist the doctors in the exam rooms by setting up for minor procedures
- Perform duties consistent with ophthalmic writer/scribe.
- Have computer training in Electronic Medical Records
- Wipe down the equipment at the end of the day.
- Tidy and close exam rooms at the end of the day.
- Check supplies for outdates or lack of supplies. Order supplies as needed.
- Attend communication meetings, in-services, and educational opportunities when offered.
- Treat, monitor, and assess adverse reactions to angiography dyes.
- Learn the function of all retina cameras (OCT, HRA, Topcon).
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Have a valid Arizona state RN license
Be certified in BLS and ACLS
Have excellent IV skills (IV certification preferred)