Ophthalmology RN- Mesa (Full-Time)
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center is looking for a Traveling Ophthalmology RN to join our growing team!
As a Traveling Ophthalmology nurse, you will be a member of the operating room team. You will provide a safe and efficient environment for patients during the perioperative phases in the ASC. You will also be expected to communicate with technicians, nursing assistants, ophthalmic assistants, and secretaries. This is a full time position where you can expect to work 30 hours a week. This position will travel regularly between two Phoenix Metro facilities (PHX/Sun City or PHX/Mesa).
- Current Arizona RN License
- Associate’s degree required, BSN preferred
- Ophthalmology experience a plus
- ASC experience preferred
- Travel to Metro Phoenix and outlying areas as needed
- Monday through Friday open availability
- Some weekends/on-call may be required (very rare)
Primary Job Duties:
- Prepare operating suite for patients: monitor cleanliness; assemble supplies, instruments, and sutures; and check equipment for proper functioning
- Assess patient’s condition on arrival in surgery and provide physical or emotional support as needed
- Assist Anesthesia Provider and Surgeon during procedures, maintaining constant awareness of the operative situation and a safe environment for patients and personnel
- Evaluate, observe, and treat patients under local anesthesia
- Maintain accurate and complete records of patients’ surgical experience
- Start IVs, give medications, and prepare drugs and solutions per physician protocols
- Prepare for and manage immediate postoperative care, including transporting patients to recovery room, communicating patient needs, and providing patient and family training
- Assist in orientation of new team members and cross-training of existing personnel
- Provide ideas for improvement and department and patient care
- Participate in establishing and reaching operating room goals and personal development goals
- Obtain patient history through interviews and evaluations, noting data in chart and sharing pertinent information with physician
- Attend communication meetings, in-service trainings, and educational opportunities
Barnet Dulaney Perkins offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, significant eye care discounts, continuing education allowances, 401(k), and many other exciting benefits programs for our most valuable asset- our people!