Triage Ophthalmic Assistant - Call Center
Changing Lives Everyday... More people trust their eye surgery to the doctors of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center than anywhere else in Arizona. Over the last 35 years, we have become one of the largest Cataract, Retina and Glaucoma practices in the nation, providing state-of-the-art surgical and medical ophthalmologic care through-out the state of Arizona. In addition, we are considered a premier provider for vision correction options such as LASIK and the ICL Implantable Contact Lens. A career in the Eye Care industry could provide you with long-term employment stability. Proven within our organization, many employees have been here for 10, 20 and some even over 30 years.
We are seeking experienced Ophthalmic Assistant who is passionate about delivering superior care and providing a uniquely positive patient experience. This individual is responsible for performing an extensive number of data collection functions, as delegated by the physician, to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patients conditions. Primarily provide telephone support regarding ocular emergencies, prescription refills, and patient care questions. This position is at our call center and will be on the phone majority of the time.
If you are compassionate, energetic and personally driven to achieve results ... Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center wants to meet you. Grow your career with Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center. We help you achieve certification and learn a variety of skills as an ophthalmic technician. We offer great benefits and a great team of people.
Skills / Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
- Valid proof of certification as an ophthalmic assistant.
- Two to five years experience as a certified ophthalmic assistant.
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding ophthalmic care.
- Knowledgeable of insurance and referrals
- Preferred knowledge of electronic health record
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Demonstrated, advanced comprehension of the ophthalmic assistant skills as outlined by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO)
- Basic understanding of optics and the ability to perform refractometry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathetic personality with concern for patient needs.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the principles of optics, refraction, and contact lenses.
- Demonstrated ability to perform comprehensive work ups on three patients per hour.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- COA preferred
- Valid CPR certification
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com .
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Chandler- CC