Registered Nurse- Mesa (Fulltime)
Are you passionate about helping others as a nurse?
For more than 35 years, more Arizonans have trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice than to any other in the state. Now is your opportunity to join our team and help patients receive state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be a member of the operating room team. You will provide a safe and efficient environment for patients during the perioperative phases in the ambulatory services center (ASC). You will also be expected to communicate with technicians, nursing assistants, ophthalmic assistants, and secretaries. We are looking for you if you:
Are able to effectively provide professional assistance to Surgeon and Anesthesia Provider, working with specialized instruments and equipment.
- Interact positively with physicians and communicate on a level that ensures satisfactory performance of work activities
- Are confident making decisions based on established methods, policies, and procedures
- Are physically able to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend, reach, and lift equipment and patients
- Can maintain a high degree of confidentiality and privacy in all work-related situations
- Function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently as needed while also functioning as an integral member of the operation room staff
- Prior nursing and operating experience preferred but not required
To be effective in this role, you must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Have a valid Arizona state RN license
- Be certified in BLS and ACLS
- Have excellent IV skills (IV certification preferred)
These are the kinds of things you can expect to do on a regular basis if you are chosen to join our team as a Staff Nurse:
- Prepare operating suite for patients: monitor cleanliness; assemble supplies, instruments, and sutures; and check equipment for proper functioning
- Assess patient’s condition on arrival in surgery and provide physical or emotional support as needed
- Assist Anesthesia Provider and Surgeon during procedures, maintaining constant awareness of the operative situation and a safe environment for patients and personnel
- Evaluate, observe, and treat patients under local anesthesia
- Maintain accurate and complete records of patients’ surgical experience
- Start IVs, give medications, and prepare drugs and solutions per physician protocols
- Prepare for and manage immediate postoperative care, including transporting patients to recovery room, communicating patient needs, and providing patient and family training
- Assist in orientation of new team members and cross-training of existing personnel
- Provide ideas for improvement and department and patient care
- Participate in establishing and reaching operating room goals and personal development goals
- Obtain patient history through interviews and evaluations, noting data in chart and sharing pertinent information with physician
- Attend communication meetings, in-service trainings, and educational opportunities
- Perform nursing assistant, secretarial, dispatch, and technician duties as required
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
Current AZ RN License.
Experience in Surgery preferred, but willing to train.
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical and dental insurance, and vision benefits for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com.
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Mesa