Payment Posting Specialist (Medical Billing)
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
We are currently looking for a Payment Posting Specialist. This person will accurately post payments, adjustments and charges received on a daily basis.
- Accurately post transaction (payments and adjustments) from various sources on a daily basis. Payment sources include Electronic Remittances, paper checks and EOB's, patients, collection agencies, capitation plans, Care Credit and Patient Portals.
- Adheres closely to the department's payment reconciliation process.
- Prioritizes work to maximize turn-around time.
- Back-up for Charge Posters if needed.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 year medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients
- Professional customer service skills
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
Ability to sit for long periods. Work requires walking, bending, standing, sitting, and reaching
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com.
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Phoenix