Patient Surgery Representative
The Patient Surgery Representative is responsible for preparing and filing patient charts and acts as receptionist to patients on the day of surgery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet patients, obtain necessary information and transfer to patient labels.
- Collect payments due for surgical procedure that have not previously been collected.
- Bring collected checks and cash to designated locations. Process and close out credit card and Care Credit each day.
- View eyedrops prescribed and review with patients prior to admission.
- Prepare patient for admission with correct personal information and head cover.
- Inform patient's family when the patient is ready for discharge from the surgery center.
- Call patients two days prior to surgery to inform them of arrival time and review pre-operative instructions.
- Obtain complete chart from patient care counselor and provide to nurses
- Create surgery log as procedures are completed. E-mail Financials, write-offs and fee tickets to Data Entry at completion of surgery day. Forward credit card receipts to appropriate Poster.
- Prepare surgical chart for the surgery day; apply patient labels to chart forms.
- Assemble medical records in established format for filing.
- Scan records into EHR as required and shred records according to set guidelines.
- Inform ASC Manager of specific equipment supplies requested for pending surgery days.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to ASC Manager.
- Create surgery schedule for the following day and make copies.
- Create follow-up patient phone call list.
- Arrange for pick-up of specimens by lab courier and note in specimen log book.
- Transfer records to other locations for post-op appointments.
- Work in close contact with A/R for accuracy of surgery log and correct errors as soon as possible
- Keep dictation log and surgery log book up to date and accessible for personnel
- Notify anesthesia team each day with location, cut time and name of surgeon operating.
- Forward surgery schedules as needed to surgeons.
- Forward weekly schedules to insurance department.
Education & Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Ophthamology experience a plus.
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package that includes company medical and dental insurance, and vision benefits for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and opportunities for career advancement.