Patient Care Counselor Team Lead- Mesa
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
As a Patient Care Counselor Team Lead, you will be responsible for overview and supervision of the Patient Care Counselors, patient in-flow and out-flow. This position is also responsible for Patient Care Counselor training, and providing a daily status report of the performance of front office operations to the clinic manager.
We are looking for you if you:
- Able to work well in a supervisory capacity. Possesses a wide-ranging fund of knowledge applicable to financial and clinical functions.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills, interacts positively with physicians, staff and patients.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Familiarity with general office equipment
- Must be able to stand and sit for log periods. Work activity also requires walking, bending
- Superior communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong Organizational skills
If you are chosen to join our team as a Patient Care Counselor Team Lead, you will oversee processes for:
- Counseling patients for surgery
- Provides clear, concise details regarding specific surgery, cost and answers questions regarding consent video Obtains necessary information from patients to complete paperwork
- Patient Scheduling for Surgery
- Recognizes patients personally; greets with a smile; makes eye contact and uses appropriate dialogue. Identifies self to the patients as the surgery scheduler
- Clarifies surgeon, location, surgery center, date of surgery and date of post-op appointment with OD For all patients, including employee/family, verifies insurance, address, phone, etc.; makes changes as necessary, enters correct information into computer Determines whether to proceed with appointment.
- Consistently error-free when making appointments Obtains proper referral or authorization
- Answering Incoming Telephone Calls
- Monitoring of Schedules
- Monitors surgeon’s schedules Monitors ODs 1-day and post-op, H&P, A-Scan schedules Maintains schedule maximums as desire by surgeon. Ensures patients in reserve can be put on the schedule at short notice to achieve maximums. Reschedules appointments to reflect all surgeons’ changes
- Verifies Medicare information / insurance coverage
- Verifies particular benefits available regarding insurance.
- Notifies patient of balance due.
- Obtains per-certification and authorization as necessary
- Obtains paperwork regarding referrals as necessary
- Locates and pulls ALL charts for pre-op day and forwards to Nurse Prepares charts with appropriate surgical paperwork
- Prepares surgical charts, labels documents with appropriate surgical paperwork per ASC Coordinator specifications Works closely with other departments / office to transfer
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
A high-school diploma or equivalent.
1 year of experience in a medical office.
Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills are a must.
Needs to have good computer skills.
Should know how to manage busy situations and stay organized.
Bring a positive attitude every day to share with staff and patients.
This person must work well in teams and have a team player attitude.
Willing to adapt to an ever-changing environment and be willing to learn.
Having education or sales background is a plus.