Patient Care Counselor - Mesa
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
As a Patient Care Counselor, you will schedule surgeries and surgical appointments, verify insurance, and prepare charts for surgery. We are looking for you if you:
- Are a friendly, outgoing, and flexible team player with good customer service skills
- Are able to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Are well organized with attention to detail
- Are able to make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
- Have demonstrated computer literacy
- Are physically able to stand and sit for long periods, walk, bend, reach, and lift
These are the kinds of things you can expect to do on a regular basis if you are chosen to join our team as a Patient Care Counselor:
- Counsel patients for surgery by providing clear, concise details about what to expect
- Schedule patients for surgery in a friendly manner
- Answer telephone calls and make appointments as necessary
- Monitor surgeons’ schedules, keeping in communication with surgeons and patients regarding any changes
- Verify insurance and coverage, including obtaining authorization
- Prepare medical charts with appropriate paperwork
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
A high-school diploma or equivalent
1 year of experience in a medical office
Sales experience a plus
Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills are a must.
Needs to have good computer skills.
Should know how to manage busy situations and stay organized.
Bring a positive attitude every day to share with staff and patients.
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com .
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Mesa