Patient AR Specialist
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position collects payments for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and performs collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows-up with patients and ensures outstanding balances are paid.
- Makes calls to and takes calls from patients, discussing their account in detail.
- Ensures that patient statements are sent with accurate information on a daily basis.
- Works accounts for external collection action, after all other avenues of internal collection action has been exhausted.
- Take payments over the phone from patients as well as make payment arrangements if needed.
- Researches and prepares patient credits for refund approval. Coordinates with accounting to process approved refunds.
- Process bankruptcy notices according to company policy.
- Prioritize work to maximize turn-around time.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy..
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, continuing education, employee recognition programs, as well as many other exciting benefit programs to our employees!