Ophthalmic Scribe - Sun City
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients receive state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care at Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center. For more than 35 years, more Arizonans have trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice than to any other in the state. Now is your opportunity to join our team.
As an Ophthalmic Scribe, you will support our doctors and patients in our patient-centric office environment. We are looking for you if you are:
- Good team player
- Good communication skills with patients and doctors
- Reliable and dependable
These are the kinds of things you can expect to do on a regular basis if you are chosen to join our team as an Ophthalmic Scribe;
- Be able to perform all testing: Visual fields, camera, topography proficient.
- Read glasses – manual and automated.
- Able to access and be knowledgeable about adding documentation in EHR
- Must be able to perform blood pressure readings,
- Proficient in entering referral doctors and faxing letters
- ERx medications and be sure the doctor's exams are approved daily.
Physically, to be effective in this role, you should be able to:
- Assist patients in getting in and out of exam chair
- Provide guided assistance to visually impaired patients
- Stand for long periods of time
- Willing to travel to our locations in the Phoenix metro area
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
Current CPR. Experience in Ophthalmology preferred, but willing to train.
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical and dental insurance, and vision benefits for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com .
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Sun City