Manager- Revenue Cycle Management Department
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Revenue Cycle Management Department to maximize cash flow by managing all aspects of the revenue cycle while ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Monitors accounts receivable activity and initiates appropriate actions as needed.
- Analyzes month end reports to identify opportunities for process improvements with respect to claims denials and outstanding A/R.
- Identifies and implements processes to achieve key revenue cycle metrics including but not limited to Unbilled A/R, Denials as a Percent of Charges, Charge Lag, Cash Collections, Aging over 90 Days, and Days in AR.
- Resolve complex patient or physician issues when necessary. Act as a primary point of contact for clinical operations for day to day operational issues relating to RCM.
- Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of department staff. Ensures that department policies are fairly administered by overseeing corrective action process and completing performance reviews.
- Consistently reviewing billing work queues on a regular basis to ensure that workloads are evenly distributed and that department goals are being met.
- Oversees and analyzes self-pay account balances, financial assistance policy, and bad debt collection of accounts. Reviews financial hardship applications for approval in accordance with financial assistance policy.
- Communicate regularly with payers and know when and how to appropriately escalate issues for resolution.
- Communicates performance data and action plans to leadership.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of payer billing requirements and reimbursement policies.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff. Provides direction to staff on changes in reimbursement or payer guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of changes in billing regulations.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Works with sensitive information and must be able to exercise discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Minimum five years in a leadership role within a healthcare revenue cycle department.
- Previous supervisory experience with strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate others with a positive attitude.
- Experience working in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table), Word and Outlook.
- High school diploma or GED required. BA/BS in Business Administration, Account, Finance or equivalent is preferred.
Essential Skills and Core competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management.
- Well organized and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial payer guidelines.
- Working knowledge of cpt, hcpcs and diagnosis coding.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HIPAA Rules & Regulations
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com.
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Phoenix