Manager- Revenue Cycle Management Department
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
These are the kinds of things you can expect to do on a regular basis if you are chosen to join our team as a Manager of the RCM Department:
Coding / Reviewing Specialty Surgeries
- Verify what is on fee ticket against operative report
- Use appropriate modifiers and diagnosis for CPT codes
- Any questionable coding from doctor is addressed with Rose & Associates and/or Director of Revenue Cycle Management
- Outstanding operative reports are reported to Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Electronic Transmissions / Electronic Funds Transfers
- Send & download all electronic transmissions on a daily basis
- De-code all ERAs received or distribute to auditors
- Enroll any new doctors or locations with clearinghouse or directly with insurance
- Complete paperwork for EFTs and have obtain signature from CFO or CEO
- Initiate setup for ERA / EFT with new insurances
- Be open to learn new electronic setups such as Medicare EDI Digital Certificates.
- Approve weekly time sheets
- Approve time-off requests in a timely manner
- Keep A/R calendar updated with vacations, absences, meetings and training
- Ensure team is cross-trained in all areas
- Provide and / or facilitate training for new employees and ongoing training for existing employees
- Set a good example as a team player to the Revenue Cycle Management team
- Discuss any issues with respect and in private with employees
- Read and respond to e-mails on a daily basis
- Communicate through the “Posters Group” to offer or request additional help
- Communicate with Director regarding coding and edit issues
- Work with all staff, patients and outside doctors in a professional and friendly manner
- Assist Auditors with any coding questions or posting issues
- Work is not to be kept in any desk drawers or overhead bins
- “Tasks” are worked daily and reported if more than 5 days old
- Fixer Report is worked for all practices weekly to ensure we are in compliance and have data entry staff correct errors
- Management of Posting duties
- Attire must be appropriate per department policy
- Communicate with the Director of A/R regarding any ongoing issues or problems
- Adhere time off policy and not exceed the BDPEC allowance for no more than 5 unscheduled days off per year
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Ten years medical practice experience
- Computer background
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CPC Certification
Essential Skills and Core competencies:
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent math skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Positive team player
- Consistently open to ongoing training
- Schedules hours accordingly for month-end closing
- Comprehends HIPAA Rules & Regulations
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com.
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Phoenix