Insurance AR Specialist - Medical Billing and Collections
Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
These are the kinds of things you can expect to do on a regular basis if you are chosen to join our team as an Insurance AR Specialist:
- Follows-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid/processed. Servicing each account in priority of importance and independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and/or CMS regulations.
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response or are not on file, in a timely manner according to each insurance's contracted filing limits.
- Reviews and appeals unpaid and denied claims. This includes analysis of coding that assures proper billing.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim.
- Researches and prepares insurance credits for refund approval. Coordinates with accounting to post and mail those approved refunds.
- Prioritize work to maximize turn around time.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Check and respond to email in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- Conducts self in accordance with the company's standard values and policies.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs, corporate and professional, to maintain current skill and competency levels.
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrates computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients
- Professional customer service skills.
- Has a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline
- Maintains the highest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPPA guidelines and regulations
- Ability to sit for long periods. Work requires walking, bending, standing, sitting, and reaching.
To be effective in this role, you must have:
- Five years of medical billing experience
- A computer background and proficiency
- A high-school diploma or equivalent
- Ophthalmology background preferred but not required
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com.
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Phoenix