Be in the heart of it all where you can help patients see the world through state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care. For more than 35 years, Arizona has trusted the care of their eyes to our ophthalmology practice. Now is your opportunity to join our growing team and be a part of changing someone’s life while using your healthcare experience.
This position will oversee the day-to-day operational functions for the assigned clinic location, ensuring that office policies, procedures, and plans are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner. Provide leadership, guidance, and expertise to all staff members. Effectively communicate departmental activities to the whole staff. Establish a high performance team of staff that is efficient, knowledgeable, service oriented, and shares responsibility for attaining the goals of the practice.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• monitor climate and ensure positive employee moral through effective and equitable supervision of staff, frequent observation and follow-up
• delegate and coordinate work tasks
• manage performance including evaluations and feedback
• resolve disputes and grievances, personnel and patients
• monitor and evaluate staff performance
• oversee personnel time cards and manage overtime
• implement, monitor and enforce Practice's policies and procedures
• responsible for facility cleanliness and appearance
• ensure compliance with current healthcare regulations medical laws and ethics
• keep track of equipment and devices and manage inventory
• ensure patient records are current and accurate
• supervise patient scheduling
• oversee registration of patients
• provide education material to patients
• communicate with patients regarding inquiries and complaints
• ensure patient satisfaction
• fiscally responsible for EBITDA, accountable for budget performance for location
• Maintain and/or create MD/OD referral relationships
• Troubleshoot lane utilization, demand vs. inventory
• work with other managers in identifying staffing overages/shortages and shared personnel location to location.
• Organize and conduct monthly/quarterly Staff meetings, Resource Management Meetings and Team Lead Meetings
Naturally, we provide all the benefits you would expect from a world-class organization. Also, since we are in an office environment, you can expect weekends and holidays off so you can enjoy a beneficial work-life balance. Don’t wait to take control of your life. Contact us and tell us how you can add value to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Skills / Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Five years medical practice experience, ophthalmology preferred
2. Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative processes and principles
3. Knowledge of human resource management principles and practices
4. Computer skills including knowledge of relevant software
5. Bachelor of Science or Associate degree desired
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Excellent math skills.
3. Successful at planning and organizing
9. Customer service oriented
10. Problem solving / troubleshooting
11. Demonstrates sound judgment
12. Attentive to detail and accuracy
13. Working knowledge of all positions within clinical setting
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities.
To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com .
Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Mesa