Accounts Receivable Billing Assistant
Changing Lives Everyday... More people trust their eye surgery to the doctors of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center than anywhere else in Arizona. Over the last 35 years, we have become one of the largest Cataract, Retina and Glaucoma practices in the nation, providing state-of-the-art surgical and medical ophthalmologic care through-out the state of Arizona. In addition, we are considered a premier provider for vision correction options such as LASIK and the ICL Implantable Contact Lens. A career in the Eye Care industry could provide you with long-term employment stability. Proven within our organization, many employees have been here for 10, 20 and some even over 30 years.
We are currently looking for Support for the Accounts Receivable Department. This position supports the revenue cycle management team by performing administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Answering phones
- Assist the Payment Posting team with posting approved adjustments and refunds
- Scanning all incoming mail and distributing according to department policy
- Scanning any miscellaneous paperwork that needs to be filed and associated a patient account
- Creating the daily deposits for incoming mail payments
- Processing all credit card payment related to incoming mail payments
- Ordering and putting away supplies
- Prioritizes work to maximize turn-around time
- Equipment management
- Back-up for Charge and Payment Posters if needed
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner
- Performs all other assigned duties
Skills / Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years medical billing experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ophthalmology background desired.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients
- Professional customer service skills
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPPA guidelines and regulations
Ability to sit for long periods. Work requires walking, bending, standing, sitting, and reaching.
BDPEC offers a very generous and comprehensive total rewards package to include company medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, up to 19 days of paid time off per year, a 401(k), flexible spending account plan, and training opportunities. To learn more about Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and our career opportunities, please visit our website at www.goodeyes.com. Pre-employment drug and background screening required prior to employment. Barnet Dulaney Perkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Phoenix